Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Favorite Composer

We started Composer of the Month this week, and after all this time, someone asked who my favorite composer is.

My favorite composer is Bach. JS, to be more specific. Lots of his sons were composers as well. I don't know how I came to love his music, but my first instrument was the violin. Bach wrote a lot of neat stuff for violin. He also had a really cool way of intertwining melodies and making a simple pattern sound really complex.
Johann Sebastian Bach

A close second favorite composer is Tchaikovsky. I love his violin concerto and Serenade for Strings. He was inspired by folk music in writing his compositions, so if you listen closely and know some Russian folk songs, you can hear them. 
Peter Ilyitch Tchiakovsky

Who is your favorite composer so far? 

No comments:

Post a Comment